Happy July, y’all! It’s that time again….time for barbeque’s, family & friends, and fireworks! We thought we’d share a few recipes with you to help make your 4th an extra special occasion.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, cut into eight thin slices
- 1/4 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, preserves and horseradish. In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir prosciutto over medium heat until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef and lemon-pepper. Shape into eight patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Grill or broil bread for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Spread each slice of toast with 1-1/4 teaspoons reserved mustard sauce. Layer each with arugula, a burger, a cheese slice and 1-1/4 teaspoons additional sauce. Garnish with peppers and prosciutto. Serve immediately.
Credit to Taste of Home
- 1 small or 1/2 large head green cabbage, cut into 1/4-inch wide strips (about 6 cups)
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 6 strips bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the cabbage, onion, bacon, blueberries, mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl and toss to coat with the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
- Stir in the pecans and season with salt and pepper just before serving. Sprinkle with reserved the bacon, berries and nuts.
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- Blue sugar or edible glitter
- Melt 12 ounces of white chocolate chips in a microwave according to the package directions (make sure the container and the berries are dry; even a little moisture will alter the texture of the candy).
- One at a time, dip strawberries into the chocolate and then into blue sugar or edible glitter.
- Set them to harden on waxed paper.
- Makes 35 to 45 decorated berries.
Credit to Family Fun
Have a fun & safe 4th of July 🙂