Are you someone that loves DIY projects? I am a big follower of DIY and am amazed at some of the projects that I have seen out there. My DIY experience is small but I still like to try anyway. My latest DIY is a Mint Sugar Scrub for Teacher Appreciation week that is coming up May 2, 2016 – May 6, 2016. I don’t know about you, but I have MAD respect for teachers. The patience alone is enough for me to be ever so grateful. I know how trying 1 child can be, much less a classroom of 18+.
We chose an easy Mint Sugar Scrub to make for our teachers this year. With summer coming up, what an invigorating way to get that skin beach ready with this au natural exfoliating scrub. Not only will this scrub soften the skin but it leaves a light, refreshing scent as well. We decided to stick with natural products but if you prefer to have a colored scrub, feel free to add a drop or 2 of food coloring to the recipe.
Of course, no DIY project would be complete without a printable tag to attach to it. The classic burlap and lace printable tag is the perfect finish for this easy to make gift. Wrap ribbon or twine around the jar and voila, you are done! The tags are available in 2 sizes (2″ & 2.5″) and can be downloaded with the link below! Find other fun & free printables on our FREE PRINTABLES page.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened but not melted
- 1-2 cups of sugar, depending on your preference of coarseness
- 4-5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 4-5 drops spearmint essential oil
- 1 or 2 mint leaves finely chopped, optional, for color
- 4 or 8 ounce mason jars
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl (starting with just 1 cup of sugar) until combined well.
- Add more sugar, if needed, for desired consistency.
- Add a drop or more of essential oil, if needed.
- Store scrub in mason jar, seal tightly with lid & decorate with ribbon and our FREE printable tag.